Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

From: Jerrad Pierce
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:32:28 -0500

My rmm is an alias:
  refile -normmproc !* +Trash

Thus I can search back throug deletd mail.
Whenever I notice such searching is slow,
or the message numbers in the results are
approaching 2000 I `empty first:800` or so.
Empty is an alias:
  /usr/local/bin/rmm +Trash !*; folder -pack

With rmmproc: rm

It does not seem a particularly big problem,
not being able to rmm/empty all or first:999+

The conventional way to indicate you want to
accept input on STDIN is with an argument of
'-', although grep uses -f and du --from0-file=
to specify a generic file and recognizes - as
STDIN. -file is available

One would have to set the argument in one's
profile, and rmm would have to open a pipe
to rmmproc. NL terminated lines would cover
the standard use case, but NUL (scripts can
leverage xargs) would allow for some of the
more exotic ideas of mixed-storage of MIME
attachments that have been kicked around
for future enhancements.