Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for Message-ID?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:20:15 -0500

>I must have missed that conversation. I use -msgid for the same reason
>Tom does.

Well, you're only ... 5 months out of date? :-)  Only thing you have to
really pay attention to is your components files, if you aren't using
the defaults.

>[Desperately trying to catch up on old mail before installing 1.5 and
>adapting MH-E this long weekend and wondering what's going to become of
>the -msgid flag when I do that...]

It's still there and works fine.  The next release of nmh will have
a -messageid flag to send to let you change how Message-IDs are
generated.  But -msgid will still be around, and I don't think
that's going to change ever.  I am letting you know up front that
if you ask a question about 1.5 that is in the release notes I will
make fun of you on the list :-)

This brings up a question I always had back when we had this discussion ...
what are people keeping those Message-IDs for, anyway?  I remember Ralph
Corderoy saying that he likes to tell people "I said that in message
<message-id>" ... I know if I tried that with the people I exchange email
with, they wouldn't have any idea what I'm talking about.