Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for Message-ID?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:20:46 -0800

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:

>>(BTW, after some experimentation I realized that there is a good reason
>>to have post assign Message-IDs rather than let the MTA do it: if post
>>does it then the Message-ID gets included in the Fcc-filed copy, which
>>at least for me is a significant advantage.  So I don't plan to take
>>Ken's advice of dropping the -msgid switch, and will persist with
>>hacking the source code to make the message IDs be generated the way
>>I want.)
>
> To be fair ... I wasn't suggesting that's what you do; my point
> only was that the last time people talked about that, the majority
> of responses (actually, all of them) indicated that they didn't use
> -msgid.

I must have missed that conversation. I use -msgid for the same reason
Tom does.

[Desperately trying to catch up on old mail before installing 1.5 and
adapting MH-E this long weekend and wondering what's going to become of
the -msgid flag when I do that...]

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/