Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

From: P Vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:25:15 -0800

+1, +1.

Lyndon Nerenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2012-11-19, at 7:00 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

The current tools, "ap", "dp", and "fmtdump", all live in $(libdir).

And I, too, think that's wrong. Truth be told, I was thinking of proposing a move to $(bindir) a while ago. These are tools intended for MH end users, therefore they should be in the user's path.

And while we're at it, can we move the true back-end exec'd stuff into $(prefix)/libexec? Executables are not libraries. Pedantic, I know. But I still like the clean distinctions between the two when it comes down to, e.g., chasing rogue shared libraries. Find(1) is more useful when hier(7) is followed.

--lyndon

Nmh-workers mailing list
address@hidden