Re: [Nmh-workers] sortm's Default of all is Brain-Damaged.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] sortm's Default of all is Brain-Damaged.
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:16:22 +0100

Hi Paul,

> i almost never sort an entire folder -- usually i just sort the unseen
> sequence, or some other small batch of messages.

Your jib has a fine cut, sir.

> rather than changing the default behavior by default, how about adding
> an option to change the default behavior.  :-)
>     sortm -noall
> would error out if no other args are given.  clearly this would be
> most useful as profile entry.

Yes, great.  Would make me happy without changing the default for
existing content users.  Might I suggest that the default ~/.mh_profile
for new users, if there is such a thing, have it turned on so they avoid
the trap until they're au fait enough to turn it off.  Else they'll
learn by being burnt.