[Nmh-workers] replcomps - %friendly() with table lookup?

From: Wolfgang Denk
Subject: [Nmh-workers] replcomps - %friendly() with table lookup?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 11:43:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make the draft message templates more
clever...  Currently, in my "replcomps" I'm using

        Dear %(decode(friendly {from})),

to automatically generate the greeeting.  This works reasonably well,
except in cases where I would like to use a less formal form for
specific, well known addresses.  For example, when replying to
"William R. Somebody" <address@hidden> I would get

        Dear "William R. Somebody",

But this is a good friend of mine, so I would rather have

        Dear Bill,

Is there a way to have friendly() [or some other function] doing some
table / database lookup to come up with such an even more friendly()
greeting?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: address@hidden
Time is an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.