Re: [Nmh-workers] More than one parameters in .mh_profile

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] More than one parameters in .mh_profile
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 19:29:29 -0700

On 2012-05-29, at 7:19 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:

> for that we have getenv('SHELL'), which is far more closely related to
> the user's preferred command language than either their login shell or
> the posix standard are going to be.

This conversation is cool.  It reminds me of a phone call I had with somebody
in the
"pit" at AT&T tech support, arguing about why they could never drop '^' as the
"pipeline" separator in their SVR1 /bin/sh.  The lad was absolutely convinced
'|' was an expression of the new heretics, and would not stand past the next
corporate quarter.

And then there was the Wollongong, followed by Lachman, TCP stack.

What does this have to do with nmh?  Nothing, really.  I was running MH on an
assortment of Sun 3/* gear while I desperately tried to evict the undead 3B4000
from the shop.  MH helped in the effort ;-)