[Nmh-workers] UTF-8 message bodies

From: Joel Uckelman
Subject: [Nmh-workers] UTF-8 message bodies
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 05:32:52 -0700

My wife pointed out to me today that for the past seven years (!) since
the Linux distribution we use switched to UTF-8, when she sends messages
containing non-ASCII characters they show up as gibberish for many of
the recipients---but not for me. I'm also using a UTF-8 locale, which
explains why I see the intended characters. I suspect the reason that
other people don't see the intended characters is that they're using
locales which have some other character encoding, and that nmh is
producing messages which lack any headers indicating that the contents
are UTF-8.

Is there a solution to this with nmh 1.4 or 1.5? All I turn up when I
search for things about character sets and nmh are things related to
displaying received messages in nmh, nothing about outgoing mail.

--
J.