Re: [Nmh-workers] Help!

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Help!
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:14:02 -0400

Ralph wrote:

> Is his local SMTP server on jad not involved with passing it onto
> his ISP's smarthost then?

I don't think so, based on my possibly faded recollection
of the earlier discussion.

> I read it as the other party, mail.eipye.com, rejected it
> when jad tried to hand it over so the bounce email is from
> jad but it talked directly to the peer.  Norm, it should
> probably be talking to your ISP's smarthost and then they
> talk to eipye on your behalf.

I think that Norm had configured nmh to send directly to his
ISP's smtp server.  For local mail, he overrides with "send
-server localhost" or something equivalent.

If that's right, my guess is that the override has run amok.