Re: [Nmh-workers] problem reported in comp.mail.mh

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problem reported in comp.mail.mh
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:47:36 +1000

On Sun, 20 May 2012 11:45:45 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
>I don't have access to any Debian systems ...

*debian hat on*

>and I don't know why getting a valid dbm library is so hard under Linux.

it's not. the official (outdated) nmh package, for example,
properly specifies that it build-depends on libdb-dev.

jerry, you can't expect to be able to build nmh (any version) without
having the prerequisite software present (whether in the form of
prebuilt packages or not doesn't make any difference here).

>Maybe there's another dbm package that would work?

apt-get install libdb-dev and things work.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GnuPG Keys 0x42BD645D or 0x5B586291 + http://snafu.priv.at/
"Quoted-Printable: a standard for mangling Internet messages