Re: [Nmh-workers] [exmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.5 is

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] [exmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.5 is now available
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 14:15:26 -0700

On 7 May 2012 at 10:08, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden>wrote:

> >I made sure that my window is 78 characters and reran the test.  Now
> >I get:
> >
> >FAIL: test/bad-input/test-header
> >FAIL: test/format/test-myhost
> >FAIL: test/format/test-mymbox
> >FAIL: test/inc/test-deb359167
>
> I fixed the test-header test to explicitly specify a width; that
> fixed the problem for me.  However ...  I'm not sure what's going
> wrong with the format tests; they shouldn't depend on terminal width
> at all.  It would be interesting to see the exact test output there.

I found the trouble.  I edited etc/mts.conf to set "localname: domain.tld".
That caused the two failures below.

PASS: test/format/test-myname
./test/format/test-myhost: local hostname test expected:
    'machinename.domain.tld'
but instead got:
    'domain.tld'
FAIL: test/format/test-myhost
./test/format/test-mymbox: Basic address@hidden test expected:
    '1'
but instead got:
    '0'
FAIL: test/format/test-mymbox
PASS: test/forw/test-forw-digest

Commenting out my localname change allowed all of the above to pass.

I did the localname change with a patch from my RPM spec file so that
I wouldn't have to edit the mts.conf file by hand after installing it.
If you can think of a better way to do this, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks....

--
Kevin