Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:26:42 -0400

ralph wrote:
 > Hi Jon,
 >
 > > I guess that I avoid multiple concurrent compositions of all sorts
 > > because it's painful because of the shared draft file unless one uses
 > > long options.
 >
 > I use them all the time and see no pain or need of long options?
 >
 >     $ grep draft ~/.mh_profile
 >     draft-folder: drafts
 >     $ apropos mh-draft
 >     mh-draft (5)         - draft folder facility for nmh message system
 >     $

yeah, i'm a little confused by jon's problem.  i have a similar
draft-folder setting in .mh_profile, and i can reuse the most
recent draft (the usual case) with:
    comp -use
and a specific former draft N with
    comp -use N

no sharing of drafts, or long options, involved.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 32.4 degrees)