Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post

From: Tethys
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:53:43 +0000

Ken Hornstein writes:

>My thinking was that since bounces go to the SMTP envelope-from,
>bounces should go back to the person who wrote the message.  In the
>example above, I'd want to know about a bounced email, rather than
>my secretary

If you're the sort of person that has a secretary send email for you
(probably less common now than when the RFCs were drafted, but still...)
then you'd want the bounce to go to the secretary and have them deal
with it, since you're clearly too busy for such minutiae.

As such, I'd say if Sender is present, always prefer it over From,
regardless of how many From addresses there are. This will hold
true even if you don't have a secretary. If you've specified a
Sender, I can't imagine why you'd want bounces to go elsewhere.

Tet