[Nmh-workers] Bursting digests

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Bursting digests
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:12:34 -0500

So I was foolishly working on "burst" in terms of cleaning it up, fixing
long-standing bugs in it ... and I wrote a test for it.  And it was at
this point I realized ... this thing couldn't have worked right.

Specifically, if there is text after the last encapsulated message, then
it ends up as a new message.  This isn't an issue if you just use
"forw", but it crops up if you use "forw -digest" (because you'll get
a message that says nothing but "End of digest").

AFAICT, this has been a bug in nmh forever ... and I looked at the
mh-6.8.4 code, which while it has been restructured is mostly the
same, and I can't believe it worked either.  So ... did it ever
work "right"?  Based on my last message about burst, most people
haven't used it that way in a while (although we did have a bug report
on it ... nearly 10 years ago).