Re: [Nmh-workers] NMH long lines

From: mark.wake
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] NMH long lines
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:59:49 -0000

Hi Ken,
        The long lines are being produced by a bespoke C process,
running on Solaris, and the data is EDIFact formatted.  These output
files are fine up until the point I call "mhmail" and by the time it
gets through our Exchange gateway it comes back with exclamation marks
in it ~every 998 characters.

  As a temp workaround I'm running these long lines through a call to
the fold command before handing them off to mhmail which appears to be
producing the results I need.

Thanks,
Mark.