Re: [Nmh-workers] mailxi and attachements

From: Aleksander Matuszak
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mailxi and attachements
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:48:55 +0100

Ralph Corderoy writes:

> Hi,
>
> I still use mail(1) for sending one-line emails or in pipes.

More imporant (for me) is the possibility to send only file(s) as
attachements.

echo Enclosed | nail -a some.file address@hidden

Similar functionality has mutt, switch -a. I can't do it via nmh.
Also composing message with attachment is not very easy. For me
some form of -a switch in comp and repl is missing. Use of mail
client from different subsystem is not convenient, e.g. I can't
use .mh_aliases.

> It's provided here by the heirloom-mailx package, derived from
> Berkeley Mail 8.1 but brought up to date.  A concise list of
> features, http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html

It depends on package. Sometimes it is installed as nail and -a
means attachchment, sometimes is installed as mailx and because
of backward compatibility -a has different meaning. Then
heilroom-mailx looses its most important feature.

   Max