Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:19:08 -0500

>Errr... no. This has nothing to do with lack of capabilities in nmh.
>I use the envelope addressee because it's the canonical source of
>data that tells you to whom the message was addressed. But if it's
>not available, then no amount of work done by nmh can compensate
>for the missing data. In that case, you could instead match on the
>To/Cc lines and accept that most of the time it will be fine, but
>in some cases it'll get it wrong. You can do this with nmh today
>using replcomps.

I guess my point was that it doesn't seem like we have enough smarts today
in mh-format to do everything I want to do; at least it doesn't seem like
it's possible today, or if it is it would be something that would be very
close to being completely unreadable.  But I could be wrong.  But since
we have a number of people saying they would like to see something new
added to nmh, sounds like we either need to document things better,
fix some bugs or add a few things in mh-format, or add something new.