Re: [Nmh-workers] More configuration stuff (acconfig.h)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] More configuration stuff (acconfig.h)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:24:07 -0500

>appending a local host name is almost always the wrong thing to do. let
>the MTA fully qualify stuff if the next-hop isn't another local mailbox
>(or even if it is). this is policy, and does not belong in the user agent.

Okay, I'm starting to remember what I used REALLYDUMB for in the past.
If you don't supply ANY From header, REALLYDUMB controls what the From:
line looks like.  Normally that only happens in a few weird circumstances
(but the default forward templates do that, for instance).  It also
ends up affecting what you use as the "From:" header in the SMTP dialog.
I think I need to research exactly what happens here before we should
make a decision.

As for RPATHS & build-in ftp, I think we're all in agreement here.