Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 06:00:41 -0500

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:36:15 GMT, Jon Fairbairn said:
> to. Perhaps all I want is a -symlink option for refile and a
> guarantee that all mh progs can be told to treat symlinked
> messages as if they were linked?

OK, that raises a good question - if we're doing an overhaul of the code, what
system(s) do we want it to run on?  I seem to recall that there's a number of
places in the code where mh does some incredibly bizarre tap-dancing to deal
with the fact that some systems didn't have proper symlinks.

I'm *not* going to go as far as saying "make it work on Linux only and take
advantage of features" - but if there's support for ancient systems in there
that we can heave overboard to make the code simpler we probably should discuss
it.  Anybody got a straw-man list of features/systems they think are deceased
and can be tossed?