Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:45:43 -0500

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:07:41 EST, Ken Hornstein said:

> several times though, so perhaps it's worth revisiting.  Valdis, are you
> willing to pick up the exmh/Tcl work to use a shared library for libmh?

Sure, if it simplifies the Tcl code.  Probably would end up being a "exmh 2.0
requires at least nmh 1.5 or later" and refuse to work with older nmh.

> Actually, if you could crank out another exmh release, that sure would be
> awesome.

Let me see what I can do - the last few years I've been one of the primary
committers of patches, but I've not been the one to turn the crank on the
release.

>    And if you figured out how to get exmh to use the "fixed" font
> with the most recent version of Tk, that would be super-awesome :-)  (As
> an aside ... from my brief investigation, it seems that with the changes
> to the font handling in Tk you can no longer use any X font that is
> semicondensed, and fixing it required looking at the whole Tk font mess).

I'll take a look at that, I suspect that exmh's use of fonts needs to be cleaned
up since the rest of the world moved to fontconfig/cairo.