Re: [Nmh-workers] Filtering mails with inc; passing arguments to Editor

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Filtering mails with inc; passing arguments to Editor
Date: 20 Jul 2011 11:03:40 +1000

On Feb 3 2011, Mikhail wrote:

1. Currently I use getmail with passing all mails to slocal, which puts
mails to proper folders. Is it possible to make inc pass mails to
slocal?

Sort of. This is effectively the "presort" functionality in exmh:

http://www.beedub.com/exmh/guide.html#FILTERING%20MAIL

slocal expects a single message on stdin, so presort (and probably what you'll have to do also) incs the mail into a temporary folder and then loops, feeding each message one at a time into slocal.

2. My Editor: variable in profile config set to 'vim', but I would like
to pass some arguments to it. If I add them to profile I get error:

unable to exec vim +':set ft=mail': No such file or directory

Is there any other solution than creating #!/bin/sh script and putting
it in $PATH?

I don't think so, no. MH expects the profile entry to be the name of an executable; it is interpreting your "command plus args" line as a single name with whitespaces in it.

Either a shell script or some other method vim supports will need to be used.

Cheers,

- Joel