Re: [Nmh-workers] unapplied patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] unapplied patches
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:50:47 +0000

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>undo of install-mh
>       Nobody would ever run an uninstall-mh script and I doubt that the
>       person raising the bug was a user looking for it. Most software
>       creates a pile of dot files without even asking these days. If
>       any fix is necessary, I'd vote for a tiny bit more detail in the
>       man page - less than the original patch included.

What did you think of my proposed patch to the manpage?

>gcc warnings: possible use of uninitialized data
>       I'm not so keen on initialising variables that don't need
>       initialising. That said, it'd be good to kill a few compile
>       warnings.

See my email on those -- I think the ones not yet committed are
ones where there's a genuine bug to be fixed (or an obvious but
larger code cleanup), and should not be squashed just by putting
an initialisation on the variable.

>I would have thought the following would be uncontroversial.
>
>improvement of folder man page
>-link instead of -unlink in rmm.man
>small fix for configure.in (nmhman expansion)
>slocal.man .TP
>
>Any objections if I apply those?

I thought I'd committed at least some of those to the cvs repo.

-- PMM