Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal)

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:39:37 -0800

Hey, hate to be a party pooper but I don't see how this whole discussion
is helpful.

I use nmh.  It needs to be brought up to date in a few places.  For me,
that's the MIME stuff.  Sorry if I sound like an asshole here, but a while
back the sending of attachments bugged me so I fixed it (without breaking
anything).  Reading MIME messages still needs work, I've been talking about
how I think it should be fixed for a while.  I'm working on it now when I
have spare time.

It would be cool if y'all could put some energy into this effort.  You clearly
have the energy to wax poetic about nmh.  Put that energy into improving it.

One of the big pieces that's needed is a modern mail parser.  As per earlier
emails, I think that this is complex enough that it's a job for lex and yacc.

A big thing that someone could do to help me with this would be to collect all
of the various grammar into a single document.  I'm willing to write the code
for it, but I'm not a complete rfc junkie and find the whole thing hard to
read.  If some of you could slog through the rfcs and collect this stuff we
could make some real progress.

Jon