Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal)

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:18:02 -0500

ve6bbm/ve7tfx wrote:
 > > It seems to me as if you would be doing compatibility for
 > > compatibility's sake. This is sticking to old cruft. Caring to much
 > > for some old userbase likely keep you from getting new users while old
 > > ones slowly vanish.
 >
 > Why do we need new users?  When did this become a popularity contest?

i think it's less a popularity contest than a desire to have someone
interested enough to manage the website and packaging when the rest of
us are all out in our rocking chairs on the porch, tapping our canes, and
muttering about the good old command-line days...  :-)

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 46.8 degrees)