Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:27:44 -0500

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:56:03 EST, Ken Hornstein said:

> Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking (and really, why would setting
> CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS be unacceptable for packaging distros?  That's the way
> nearly every other autoconf package works).

The way every other autoconf package works is that when it gets done, it
results in a Makefile that sets CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately, It sounds
like what was done here was create a situation where you have to say:

export CPPFLAGS=yadda
explor LDFLAGS=yadda
make

to build it.  And that won't fly for distros that have automated build
machinery.