Re: [Nmh-workers] Bash completion

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Bash completion
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 09:55:57 -0500

Joel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I source /usr/share/doc/nmh-1.3/COMPLETION-BASH I get the following
> error:
>
> somehost: ~ > source /usr/share/doc/nmh-1.3/COMPLETION-BASH
> bash: /usr/share/doc/nmh-1.3/COMPLETION-BASH:23: syntax error near
> unexpected token `('
> bash: /usr/share/doc/nmh-1.3/COMPLETION-BASH:23: `        \++([a-zA-Z_]))'
>
> There seem to be a lot of unbalanced parentheses in this file; I have
> fixed those I could find (see attached patch).

I'm just guessing, but are those parenthesis pairs needed?
Maybe remove them?  I don't know if quoting the patterns, as you
did in your fix, works properly.

Adding the leading open paren, which you only did on line 23,
doesn't seem right.  The close paren has significance in a case
statement and should not be matched with an open paren.

> However after I source it again I get this error:
>
> bash: have: command not found
>
> The first line of the file is "have show &&"
>
> Is this a portability issue (is "have" a builtin command for some
> installations of bash?  I can't find it in any documentation), or am I
> not supposed to source it?  How else would I load it?

Replace "have" with "type"?