Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: Diffs for replacing mktemp() usage

From: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: Diffs for replacing mktemp() usage
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:11:49 -0600

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Sean Kamath wrote:
> My real point was that it should be configurable, which you've done.
> Slightly odd to make it an env variable than an nmh setting in
> .mh_profile, but whatever.

It's easy to add .mh_profile check, but not all
commands read the profile (e.g. post).  Do
not know the reasons.

In these cases, any tmpdir setting in them will
not be used, making envvars the only reliable
method for specifying tmpdir location.

Therefore, I'm reluctant to add support for it since
it may cause confusion by a user when the setting
is not getting used.

Does anyone know if `post' is the only program
that does consult the .mh_profile?

--ewh