Re: [Nmh-workers] problems with slocal

From: belg4mit
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] problems with slocal
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:33:16 -0800

I tried building nmh with both fcntl and flock (what Postfix uses for internal
locking), but was not even able to inc until I went back to dot locks (what
Postfix claims to want for external apps), and do have debian's liblockfile
1.08-3 installed

Even when running slocal --debug -verbose from the command line with an even
barerer maildelivery there is no joy:

  ~/ cat .maildelivery
  #Field        Pattern  Action  Result  String
  X-Spam-Flag   NO       qpipe   R       /usr/local/lib/rcvtty

  ~/ /usr/local/lib/slocal < Mail/inbox/22
  (delivering to standard mail spool)
  delivering to file "/var/mail/belg4mit" (mbox style), unable to open:\
  Permission denied

  ~/ ls -l /var/mail/
  -rw-rw---- 1 belg4mit mail 0 Feb 17 21:15 belg4mit

I know Pete's "don't do that, use a random spool" is still an option.
But it seems like a cop out from both what should work, and understanding
why it doesn't...
--
Free map of local environmental resources: http://CambridgeMA.GreenMap.org