Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: big thanks

From: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: big thanks
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:46:23 -0600

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Joel Uckelman <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I think the cut-off is more likely to be gen-Xers than baby-boomers.
>> MH used to be the default MUA at MIT until ~2000, which is where I picked it
>> up.

I left UCI in '93, and of course, it was the default MUA on many systems.
Not sure if it is still used at UCI, but I would bet some of the old-time
profs may still use it.

I still use it now.  I have yet to find a GUI-based MUA that allows me
to be as efficient an MH/nmh.

It would be nice if nmh supported SMTP/TLS.  I think it is more in
danger of becoming obsolete in not staying up-to-date with later
secure mail transit protocols and other mail standards versus the age of
its users.

--ewh