Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: [Nmh-commits] nmh ChangeLog uip/mhparse.c test/tes

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: [Nmh-commits] nmh ChangeLog uip/mhparse.c test/tests/mhshow/t...
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:22:28 -0700

[Note: I don't see a message on nmh-commits for the de-dup change
 I discuss here; you may have to update your working copy to see
 what I'm talking about.]

[Note: the "PatchSet"s I refer to are from

  CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/nmh TZ=UTC cvsps -u -A nmh

 It's the only thing we have to refer to a change across more than
 one file.]

Eric Gillespie <address@hidden> writes:

> I have two more Postel's Law fixes in my tree.  The next fix to

Done.

> pull from my tree is the unification of mhparse.c and
> mhbuildsbr.c.  I'd forgotten all about that nastiness...

Aside from those listed in the ChangeLog, I noted the following
divergences between mhparse.c and mhbuildsbr.c's copy:

- An rfc934sw check in mhbuildsbr.c's copy of InitMultiPart that
  is harmless to leave out; the remaining checks in mhbuildsbr.c
  are sufficient.

- get_content in mhparse.c first parses all the headers into a
  linked list and then loops over that looking for interesting
  headers (though it left out Content-Disposition, added in
  PatchSet 549, when support to create those was added to
  mhbuild).  That's a better approach, as it's not repeating the
  header parsing logic over and over again, as attested by
  diffstat: 187 insertions(+), 224 deletions(-)

PatchSet 138