Re: [Nmh-workers] New new/fn/fp/unseen program

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] New new/fn/fp/unseen program
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:23:14 -0400

peter wrote:

 > I don't have any particular objection to giving more people CVS access,
 > but like Joel I'm not totally sure about whether this should be present.
 > (I have a script myself which says "list all the folders with unseen
 > messages", but we can't put every nmh user's scripts into the distribution;
 > so there has to be a strong consensus that it's filling a definite gap.)

this is the big question for me.  like probably most others here, i
have a shell version of the "new" command.  but it couldn't replace it
with the new command, because it has other features -- for instance,
it has an exception list to prevent it reporting on folders i know i
don't care about during most of the day.  it also always reports
on my inbox last.

i'd be happier if "extensions" like this were a) in a contrib dir and
b) in a scripting language, since that's where the true strength of
mh lies -- in its scriptability.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 64.0 degrees)