Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.3, Sender, and Alternate-Mailboxes

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.3, Sender, and Alternate-Mailboxes
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:59:07 +0700

    Date:        Tue, 24 Jun 2008 01:17:05 +0200
    From:        Joel Uckelman <address@hidden>

  | Ah, I see. Why does %(formataddr(me)) become a no-op when I have
  | Alternative-Mailboxes set, though?

Because people either do, or don't, want copies of their own
messages, often (sometimes) varying on a message by message
basis, (n)mh treats anything it recognises as your own address
specially when building the reply address list.

You can use the -cc (or -nocc) option with the "me" parameter to
control what happens.    Personally I have "-nocc me" in my profile,
then if I ever want to override it, I just use -cc me.   I've had
that profile entry for so long (way before nmh appeared) that I've
lost track of the default setting (and whether it changed recently).

It doesn't matter that the option is called "-cc" - that's just because
of the most common usage, its effect is to control whether there's a
value for "me" to use in formataddr(), which works whatever field name
you're putting that value after in your replcomps (ie: it is still -cc me
you want to use, regardless of the fact that you happen to be putting your
address in the To field, rather than the cc field).

kre