Re: [Nmh-workers] sync'ing an mh mailstore between two machines?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] sync'ing an mh mailstore between two machines?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:52:33 +0100

Paul Fox wrote:
>but then i have the synchronization problem -- i'd like, at the
>end of the day, to be able to merge what i've inc'ed/read/deleted/saved
>on the laptop back into my home mh mail tree.

Just use rsync to copy the laptop's idea of the situation
onto the desktop again? (And vice-versa in the morning.)
This basically relies on there being at any time one "right"
copy of the tree, with the other one being dead and not to
be modified, though, and woe betide you if you forget to do
the resync... (Anything where both trees could change
and you need to merge the changes starts to get tricky.)

-- PMM