Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 09:12:51 -0500

        I write this as a loyal nmh user who uses nmh in
numerous shell scripts and even a few system(x); commands in C
programs that deal with automation.

        I have probably been using nmh for over ten years but I
was using mh before that so I don't remember for sure.

        Our organization has gone through several different
enterprise-wide mail packages in the 18 years I have worked here
and I always kick and scream if anything appears to threaten my
use of nmh because it just works and is free.

        The ability to use UNIX shell commands to send and
receive messages is my right hand in some of the scripting
automation we must do so it would be a tragedy if nmh went away.

        I have installed the Debian port as well as FreeBSD
ports of nmh and it is all one seamless world if you do UNIX.

        The only thing I have recently noticed is that some
Macintosh mail messages choke up the MIME reader and can't be
read with show unless, maybe, I am not setting something the
right way as all other messages read just fine. One can read
those messages by looking at the appropriate numbered message
file in the ~/Mail/mailbox directory but that's not too much
fun.

        Anyway, many thanks to all for something that just keeps
ticking. I hope it continues to tick for a long time to come.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer