Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 00:14:31 -0400

>My view is that not having a Message-Id in your +outbox messages is a
>lot more broken than having a sub-optimal Message-Id. The chance of it
>being broken (being non-unique) is non-zero, but damn near. So,
>"breaking existing user's setups" is a bit strong.

You know, maybe I'm crazy ... but now that I think about it, I don't
have any Message-Ids in any of my outbox messages ... and I don't
care.  Like, at all.  I've simply never needed it.  So ... what's the
big deal?  Am I missing something amazingly obvious that having a
Message-Id on outbox messages gets me?

Ralph Corderoy said that he hates fcc because by default it doesn't
include a Message-Id, and without it he cannot refer someone to an
earler email.  I guess I don't understand his point ... how does having
a Message-Id help you there?

(I am neutral on changing the default, BTW ... I just want to understand
what I'm missing).