Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:13:56 +1100

> This is even a more general bug: Try "refile +inbox/11111; scan +inbox"
> for example. I think subfolders are a feature, numeric folder names
> probably are not. (Allowing them would rise quite some questions
> about the semantics of sequences and so on ...)

The problem is not in the sequence, but in what scan (et al.) does
when it encounters a numeric directory entry that it can't read. At
the moment it dies a horrible death and can't scan past that point.

I think it would make much more sense for the nmh commands to be
fault tolerant rather than restrict what can be done with folder-creating
commands, since there are so many other ways for nasty directory entries
to be created (i.e. by non-nmh commands).

Cheers,

        - Joel