Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild destroying german Umlauts

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild destroying german Umlauts
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:41:08 -0400

> This is a real problem: when I MIMEfy a message (on the "What now?" prompt=
> )
> it destroys german Umlauts.
> Check it out, here's a =8A (ae), =9A (oe), =9F (ue) and =A7 (sharp s).
> How can I tell nmh to leave Umlauts alone?

Is this portion of the mhbuild man page relevant?

       When composing a text content, you may indicate the  rele-
       vant  character  set  by adding the "charset" parameter to
       the directive.

            #<text/plain; charset=iso-8859-5

       If a text content contains any 8-bit  characters  (charac-
       ters  with  the high bit set) and the character set is not
       specified as above, then mhbuild will assume the character
       set  is  of  the  type  given  by the environment variable
       MM_CHARSET.  If this environment variable is not set, then
       the character set will be labeled as "x-unknown".