Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: mail threading headers

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: mail threading headers
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:55:29 +1000

> Paul Fox <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > [ so far so good (modulo the fact that i have no idea how one would
> > attempt to reply to more than one message at once) ]
>
> In MH-E, you can yank text from multiple messages into your reply.
> While you're not replying to those messages directly, it's like you
> were. I guess. Perhaps we should be appending those Message-IDs to the
> In-Reply-To field when we do that. Thoughts?

I think it's worth doing, but you probably need to make available to
the user the distinction between copying text and replying to it.

I can see myself copying, for instance, a URL from one email into a
reply to another, and I'm certainly not replying to the email that
contained the URL.

If the text being yanked is to be replied to, this gives the
opportunity to quote it (or format it some other way) when it's yanked,
which might also be nice.

Cheers,

        - Joel