[Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore

From: Jeffrey C Honig
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Additional subject prefixes to ignore
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:43:41 -0400

I have to deal with mail from Outbreak, I mean Outlook, on a daily
basis.  At least I get paid for the privilege...

Much of this mail comes with a subject prefix of FW: instead of Re:.
This messes up sorting by subject.

I would like to train nmh to string FW: in addition to Re:.  But that
seems like too specific a solution to the problem.  A more general
solution would be to add flags to the relevant commands to add prefixes
to the list.

The relevant places are in uip/sortm.c, uip/replsubr.c and
uip/msgcmds.c.

In order not to conflict with -subject in sortm I propose a flag of
-sprefix to append to the list and possibly -nosprefix to reset the list
(to just re:).

Comments?

Thanks.

Jeff