[Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu

From: Will Gray
Subject: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:24:58 -0500

New to the list, so please be patient.

I'm getting the error "post: can't exec no: No such file or directory" when trying to send a message with nmh.

I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with Linux Kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-generic .  My MTA is exim 3.36--it is fully configured and works.  I installed nmh 1.1-release-3 from the Ubuntu/Debian package.  I did the spost -> post symbolic link to correct the "problem initializing server; [BHST] premature end-of-file on socket" error.  My ~/.mh_profile only has "Path: Mail".  I haven't edited any of the nmh config files.

I've been e-mailing Bill Wohler, maintainer of MH-E, but even he is at a loss now.

I've also attempted to build nmh 1.2, but am missing a library that provides dbm_open().

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--
Will Gray
Nashville, TN