Re: [Nmh-workers] Patches for FreeBSD port of nmh-1.2

From: K Suominen
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Patches for FreeBSD port of nmh-1.2
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:45:38 +0200

On 2/27/06, Scott Blachowicz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:34:51PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> >etc/Makefile.in - use $(INSTALL_SCRIPT) to install the scripts instead
> >    of $(INSTALL_PROGRAM) so it doesn't try to run 'strip' on the
> >    installed scripts (which fails, btw).
>
> Indeed, testing on my Linux system, we run install (without any
> '-s' argument) and it doesn't try to run strip on anything.

In my case, I was seeing a '-s' argument in INSTALL_PROGRAM, but
not in INSTALL_SCRIPT...so that's why I made the patch I did (and,
I assumed, the reason for the distinction between INSTALL_PROGRAM &
INSTALL_SCRIPT).

That would typically be the difference between the two on systems that have a (BSD-compatible) install command.  (Other systems may use cpset etc.)

Regards,
+ Kim