Re: [Nmh-workers] Somebody out there have a virus or something? Also rel

From: Josh Bressers
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Somebody out there have a virus or something? Also release stuff.
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:28:17 -0500

> Hi everybody.  I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of
> spam coming from the nmh-commits mailing list.  Any chance that
> one of you who has started checking stuff in recently is using
> a Microsoft machine?  If so, please check it for viruses and
> stuff.  I'm gonna have to unsubscribe if it keeps up at the current
> rate.

Just moderate the list so only subscribers can post.  Anyone who has commit
access should be subscribed anyway.

I took a look at the nmh-commits archive:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nmh-commits/2006-02/threads.html

There is not a huge increase of spam.  There are a few, but it's not out of
control.  It would seem you are either getting spam from someone
joe-jobbing the nmh-commits list (unlikely), or you are confusing commit
messages as spam (also unlikely, but more likely than the other option).

:)

--
    JB