Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild Content-Disposition header

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild Content-Disposition header
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 08:56:59 +1100

> >             directive    ::=     "#" type "/" subtype
> >                                      0*(";" attribute "=" value)
> >                                      [ "(" comment ")" ]
> >                                      [ "<" id ">" ]
> >                                      [ "[" description "]" ]
> >                                      [ filename ]
> >                                      EOL
> >                                      [ "#" extension-field ]
> >
> > where extension-field just can't look like a directive.
>
> Like this?
>
>           extension-field    ::=    "Content-" fieldname ":"
>                                         attribute [ "=" value ]
>                                         0*(";" attribute [ "=" value ])
>
> #application/pdf; <>[ Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) v1.2 ] /tmp/foo.pd

Yes for the example, no for the grammar, although I got the grammar I wrote
wrong anyway. :) Firstly, how does the example look to you? The colon
isn't really necessary, and keep in mind that the line might be immediately
followed by another directive.

Regarding your grammar, I think it's wrong as a general RFC2045 grammar
because the value of the field can be any text, no? It's the right grammar
for Content-Disposition though.

Another reason I suggested this grammar is that I think the parsing of
it will be quite easy to fit into the existing mhbuildsbr.c code.

Cheers,

        - Joel