Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0 (IMAP proposal)

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0 (IMAP proposal)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 00:50:37 +1100

> having IMAP folder names be "different" would be a Kosmik Lose(tm)
> the only reason to do IMAP would be because it's transparent.

Every GUI for IMAP that I've ever seen presents the remote folders in
a "section" or "subfolder" representing the IMAP account. This permits
mutiple IMAP accounts and local folders.

Namespacing for remote folders is a reality, not a contrivance. Making
them look like "normal" folder names would just be syntactic sugar, IMHO,
but it could probably be done.

Cheers,

        - Joel