Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0

From: Jerry Peek
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:02:15 -0700

On 22 December 2005 at 14:45, Michael Richardson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there any sane way to refile stuff (say a sequence) and specify what
> sequence it winds up in on the target folder?

Here's a halfway answer from refile(1):

   If the "Previous-Sequence" profile entry is set, in addition to  defin-
   ing the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define
   those sequences for the destination folders.  See mh-sequence  (5)  for
   information concerning the previous sequence.

You could make a front-end script to refile that does the refile
job, then temporarily changes to that folder (with folder -push)
and renames the sequence from <previous-sequence> to whatever you
want (like the "mvseq" I just posted to the list), then uses
folder -pop to go back to the original folder.  I think. ;-)

Jerry