Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0

From: Jerry Peek
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] exciting new stuff for 2.0
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:37:09 -0700

On 22 December 2005 at 14:15, Paul Fox <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Previous-Sequence:  pseq
>
> which solves my other long-standing annoyance about mh sequences:
> if i do "show unseen" i can't then do "rmm unseen", because, of
> course, they're no longer unseen.  but i can now do "rmm pseq"
> and it works just like i wanted.

I have a script with three names (links): cpseq, mvseq, and rmseq.
They work like cp(1), mv(1), and rm(1), but for sequences.  For
instance, you could do:

    cpseq unseen temp

then you'd have a copy of the unseen sequence that stays around
until you get rid of it.  The guts of the Bourne shell script is:

    case "$myname" in
    cpseq)  mark -add -seq "$2" -zero "$1" ;;
    mvseq)  mark -add -seq "$2" -zero "$1" && mark -del -seq "$1" "$1" ;;
    rmseq)  # Remove each sequence by passing 'mark -delete' all its members:
            for arg
            do mark -delete -seq "$arg" "$arg"
            done
            ;;

> hey jerry, you know, you should really consider writing a book about
> all this...  ;-)

I really need to update the book; I haven't really touched it
since 1999.  It's just a matter of getting a month to spare. :-(
Bill Wohler has been working on the MH-E section, by the way,
to update it for all the changes in that package.

If anyone has spare time or cycles to write missing parts --
such as the newer stuff added to nmh -- I'd sure be glad to
add it to the book and give lots of credit to whoever does it!

Jerry