Re: [Nmh-workers] Nmh status - working on nmh

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Nmh status - working on nmh
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:15:41 -0500

Neil W Rickert wrote:
> nmh is rotten at the core.  There is a lot of cruft, and probably
> buffer overflows galore in the many library routines.

Please excuse my blasphemous inquiry.  Has anyone looked at the GNU
project "mailutils"?  They've engineered their own MH access and
manipulation library, provided some compatibility between nmh and their
own mailutils-mh commands.  It's not as complete as NMH, by any means,
but I would be interested to hear what NMH developers/users have to say
in comparison between the two projects.  Should we promote some
cross-project seeding and sharing of information?

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/