Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc

From: David Malone
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Maildir support for inc
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:31:53 +0100

> > So, here's a refined patch based on a week or so of use. It seems
> > that the right thing to do is to inc all the mail in the cur and
> > new directories of a Maildir, so the patch does that.

> Just to pe pedantic: techincally, the correct thing is to:

[pedantically correct method snipped]

It was actually the question of "should I just process messages in
new, or should I process both new and cur". Initially I thought
that maybe inc should just work on new, as we usually use inc on
recently delivered mail. However, now I'm fairly certain that it
should process mail in new and cur, as I have users that usually
use pop with the "keep mail on server" option and they then
periodically inc that mail (which the pop server moves to cur).

Do you think it is worth the extra rename operations to do the
pedantically correct processing? It would also raise the question
of what to do in the non-truncate case.

        David.