Re: [Nmh-workers] RC3

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] RC3
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:33:16 -0500

>Yes, it should be nmh-1.1.  In docs/README.developers at the end it has the
>process one is supposed to follow to make a release.  Doing a 'make nmhdist'
>creates the directory with the version number and populates it with just the
>files that are supposed to be there (e.g. we shouldn't be distributing that
>"autom4te.cache" directory, should we)?

Sigh.  Probably not, but I decided to include it anyway, since I
actually haven't figured out what it's there for.  A few people have
complained about the directory name; I will fix that and put a new tar
ball up there.

>I'm also having problems compiling nmh 1.1 on my Red Hat 9 box:
>[...]

Sigh.  It seems Red Had comes with Cyrus SASL 1.5.x; nmh uses the Cyrus-SASL
2.x API, which is not compatible.  It would be possible to support both,
but that's a fair amount of work.