Re: [Nmh-workers] File upload frustration

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] File upload frustration
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:14:36 +0700

    Date:        30 Jan 2004 19:17:49 -0500
                 Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:17:49 -0500
    From:        Scott Schwartz <address@hidden>

  | More problematic, post.c marks Return-Path, Sender, and Resent-Sender as
  | HBAD.  There's no reason for that.  All of those are proper and necessary
  | things for users to put on their mail.  mh has no cause to interfere.

Return-Path isn't - that's only intended for mail delivery, messages should
never contain one of those until they're being delivered (and anyone who
believes they should should thank any mailer that corrects them).

The Sender ones are more problematic, but I have sympathies with the view
that they should indicate who is actually sending the message, and not
what that person thinks they should say (with the exception of Sender which
clearly needs to be allowed if there are any Resent- headers).

kre